Terms & Conditions
1. General, Customers, Language
(1) All offers, sales contracts, deliveries and services made on the basis of any orders by our customers (each, a „Customer“) through our online shop shall be governed by these general terms and conditions of sale (the „General Terms and Conditions“).
(2) The product offerings in the Online Shop are directed to both Consumers and Business Customers (as defined below), but in each case only to end users. For the purpose of these General Terms and Conditions, (i) a „Consumer“ is any individual entering into the contract for a purpose not related to his or her business, trade or self-employed professional activity (Sec. 13 of the German Civil Code), and (ii) a „Business Customer“ is an individual, company or partnership vested with legal capacity who enters into the relevant contract in the conduct of its business or its self-employed professional activity (Sec. 14 (1) of the German Civil Code).
(3) Standard business conditions of the Customer do not apply, regardless of whether or not we expressly object to them in a particular case.
(4) Our contracts with the Customer shall be made exclusively in the German or English language, in each case depending on whether the Customer makes the relevant purchase on our English language or on our German language website. Therefore, if the order is made on our German website, exclusively the German version of these General Terms and Conditions shall be relevant. If the order is made on our English website, exclusively the English version of these General Terms and Conditions shall be relevant.
2. Conclusion of Contract
(1) Our offerings in the Online Shop are non-binding.
(2) By placing an order in the Online Shop, the Customer makes a binding offer to purchase the relevant product. The offer will remain open for acceptance by us for a period ending at the end of the third business day following the day of the offer.
(3) Without undue delay upon receipt of the order, we will send to the Customer by e-mail a confirmation of receipt, which shall not constitute an acceptance of the order. The order shall be deemed to be accepted by us either upon subsequent (e-mail) acceptance of the order or by dispatching the product. The sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective until our acceptance.
3. Right of withdrawal
Any Customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to revoke the offer and return the product in accordance with the cancellation and return policy.
Instruction on withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us
Gaya Entertainment GmbH
Hausinger Strasse 8
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory. To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
4. Prices and Payment
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT, but are net of shipping costs.
(2) Unless expressly otherwise agreed by us, all shipments by us shall require advance payment (to be made in the manner specified in our order form made available in the Online Shop) or shall be paid cash on delivery, in each case upon receipt of an invoice.
(3) The Customer shall have no right of set-off or retention, except to the extent that the counterclaim has not been disputed by us or been determined by a final and binding decision.
5. Dispatch of the Product
(1) Any date of dispatch communicated by us shall be only approximate and may therefore be exceeded by up to two business days, except if a fixed date of dispatch has been agreed upon.
(2) Any time period relevant to determine the date of dispatch pursuant to this Section 4 (as specified by us when the order is made or as otherwise agreed upon) shall begin (a) if advance payment has been agreed, upon receipt by us of the full purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) or (b) if cash on delivery or payment after delivery has been agreed, upon the conclusion of the sales contract.
(3) The date of dispatch shall be such day on which the product is handed over by us to the carrier.
(4) Regardless of whether any product is indicated on the order form as "in stock", we may sell such product at any time, provided that a) the order form has included a notice as to the limited availability of the product or b) an advance payment has been agreed upon and this payment amount is not received by us within a period of five business days upon our acceptance of the order. In such cases, we shall only be obligated to dispatch the product within the time period agreed upon or indicated by us as long as stock lasts.
(5) In the event that no date of dispatch has been specified or otherwise agreed upon or we are no longer required to deliver within any agreed time period pursuant to subsection 4, we shall be required to dispatch the product within a period of three weeks after the Relevant Date pursuant to subsection 1.
(6) In the event that our supplier fails to deliver in a timely manner a product that has been indicated on the order form as "not in stock" or has been sold off in accordance with subsection 4 above, any applicable delivery period pursuant to this Section 4 shall be deemed to be extended until delivery is made by our supplier plus an additional period of three business days, but in no event by a period of more than three weeks, provided that our supplier’s failure to timely supply the products is not a result of our fault or negligence and that we have without undue delay ordered the relevant products from the supplier.
(7) In the event that the product is no longer available or cannot be timely delivered, for any of the reasons set out in subsection 6, we shall without undue delay inform the Customer thereof. If the product is no longer available from our suppliers within the foreseeable future, we shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract. In case of such termination, we shall without undue delay reimburse the Customer any payments which the Customer has made to us in respect of the order. The legal rights of the Customer resulting from late delivery shall not be affected by this provision; provided, however, that the Customer may claim damages only subject to the provisions of Section 9 of these General Terms and Conditions.
(8) Partial deliveries of products included in the same order shall be permitted, provided that the products can be used separately and provided further that we shall bear any additional shipping costs caused thereby.
6. Shipment, Insurance and Passing of Risk
(1) Unless expressly otherwise agreed upon, we shall be free to determine the appropriate mode of shipment and to select the carrier at our reasonable discretion.
(2) We shall only be obliged to properly and timely deliver the product to the carrier and shall not be responsible for any delays caused by the carrier. Any transit times specified by us shall therefore only be non-binding estimates.
(3) If the Customer is a Consumer, the risk of accidental destruction, damage or loss of the delivered product shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product to the Customer or upon the Customer’s default of acceptance. In all other cases, such risk shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product by us to the carrier.
7. Retention of Title and Resale
(1) We retain legal title to any product supplied by us until the purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) for such product has been fully paid.
(2) The Customer shall not be entitled to resell any products delivered by us which are under retention of title, except with our prior written consent.
(1) In the event of a defect of the delivered product, the Customer shall be entitled to request from us to repair the defect or to supply another product (as ordered) which is free from defects. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Customer is a Business Customer, we shall have the right to choose between any such remedies at our discretion, provided that such choice shall be made by us by written notice (in „text form“, including by telefax or by e-mail) within a period of three business days following receipt of the Customer’s notice of the defect. We may refuse to remedy a defective product in the manner requested by the Customer if such remedy would result in unreasonable costs.
(2) If the remedy (supplementary performance) pursuant to Section 7 (1) fails or cannot reasonably be expected from the Customer or we refuse to remedy the defect, the Customer shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract, reduce the purchase price or claim damages or frustrated expenses, in each case in accordance with applicable law; provided, however, that damage claims of the Customer shall be subject to the provisions contained in Section 9 of these General Terms and Conditions.
(3) The warranty period shall be two years upon delivery of the Product if the Customer is a Consumer or otherwise twelve months upon delivery of the product.
(4) With regard to Business Customers only, the following shall apply: The Customer shall promptly upon delivery inspect the product with due care. The delivered product shall be deemed to be approved by the Customer unless the defect is notified to us (i) in case of any obvious defects within a period of five business days upon delivery or (ii) otherwise within five business days from the day when the defect has been identified.
(1) Our liability for late delivery shall, except in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence, be limited to an amount equal to 3% of the aggregate purchase price (including VAT).
(3) We shall not be liable (on whatever legal grounds) for damages which may not reasonably be foreseen, assuming a normal use of the product. Furthermore, our liability shall be excluded for damages resulting out of a loss of data if their recovery is not possible or impeded due to a failure to perform appropriate data back-up procedures. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
(4) The provisions of this Section 9 shall not apply with respect to our liability for guaranteed product specifications (within the meaning of Sec. 444 of the German Civil Code), personal injury or under the German Product Liability Act.
10. Privacy Statement
Gaya Entertainment GmbH collects, stores and processes personal information in accordance with applicable data protection regulations. The Gaya Entertainment GmbH collects, stores and processes personal information only to the extent required to meet contractual duties or to provide you with information you requested. The Gaya Entertainment GmbH will not transmit your personal data without your express consent to third parties for marketing purposes, i.e. for purposes of advertising or market research. Without your express consent the Gaya Entertainment GmbH will not use your stored data for marketing purposes. The responsible body as defined in the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is
Gaya Entertainment GmbH
Hausinger Strasse 8
By using this website, data with no relation to your person is stored automatically. It is exclusively information which allows no conclusions about your person. This data is always generated when accessing a web site, regardless of the provider. The data includes information on the browser used, the pages visited and the time spent on the website. This information will only be used anonymously to improve the quality and usability of the website. All data will be deleted, as far as a personal reference can be made.
Plugins of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA are integrated in this website. Pages that contain a Facebook plugin can be recognized by the Facebook Logo or the “Like” button. When you visit those pages that contain a Facebook plugin, the plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Facebook receives the information that a device with your IP-address is visiting our site. If you push the "Like" button while logged into your Facebook account, you can link the content of our pages to your Facebook-profile. In this case Faceook can assign your visit to our site with your user account specifically. We do not have information of what data is transmitted to Facebook because the content of the data transmitted is not visible for us. For more information, please refer to the privacy statement of facebook under "http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php". If you do not wish that Facebook can assign your visit to our site with your user account specifically, please log yourself out of your Facebook account.
If you sign up for the newsletter of the Gaya Entertainment GmbH, you give us your explicit consent (so-called Double Opt-In procedure) to use the data you provide to send you the newsletter requested. Entering your e-mail address is required, all other information voluntarily. You can unsubscribe at any time to the newsletter.
The Gaya Entertainment GmbH informs you on request which personal data is stored about you. The consent to the storage and use of personal data may be revoked at any time by notifying Gaya Entertainment GmbH, Hausinger Strasse 8, 40764 Langenfeld or via e-mail to email@example.com
The responsible data protection supervisor is
Gaya Entertainment GmbH
Herr Marko Schmitz
Hausinger Strasse 8
In addition to the internal data protection control by the company data protection supervisor, the Federal Data Protection Act provides supervisory bodies that will help you to enforce your rights. For the Gaya Entertainment GmbH, the supervisory authority of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia is responsible.
11. Applicable Law and Competent Courts
(1) Any contracts entered into between us and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG), without prejudice to any mandatory conflict of laws provisions.
(2) If the Customer is a corporation, limited liability company or commercial partnership or otherwise operates a commercial business (Kaufmann within the meaning of Sec. 1 (1) of the German Commercial Code) or is a legal entity or special fund organized under public law, the courts in Langenfeld shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all disputes arising out of or in connection with the relevant contract. In all other cases, we or the Customer may file suit before any court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law.
12. Information on Online Dispute Resolution / Participation in dispute resolution proceedings
The European Commission will soon provide a platform for the online dispute resolution (ODR). The platform will be an interactive website offering to traders and consumers a single point of entry for the resolution of contractual disputes arising from cross-border e-commerce transactions. The ODR platform will be available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
We are not obligated to and and will not participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration agency.
13. Salvatorius Clause
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.